BEACH CLEAN-UP REPORT:
During the Sea Isle City Environmental Commission’s annual Autumn Beach Clean-Up on October 13, volunteers gathered trash and debris from each of Sea Isle’s beaches and dunes – and what they collected was documented to identify any possible pollution trends. CLICK HERE for the Beach Clean-Up Report and to learn what items were found on our beaches.
T. I. BRIDGE CLOSED UNTIL MAY:
Due to the need for repairs, the Cape May County Bridge Commission has closed the Townsends Inlet Bridge (connecting Sea Isle City and Avalon) to all vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle traffic. While repairs are underway, construction crews will be working extra shifts; however the bridge is not expected to re-open until May, 2019.
CLICK HERE to Read More about the T. I. Bridge Project
SEA ISLE BOULEVARD PROJECT:
Traffic has been switched-over to the north (elevated) side of the causeway; and work continues on the south side of the roadway. It is anticipated that the roadway will be opened to traffic in its final configuration absent of the construction barrier on or about January 7, 2019. In the meantime, motorists are advised to be aware of the revised traffic patterns in the construction zone and the reduced speed limit.
CITY COUNCIL'S NEXT MEETING:
The next regular City Council meeting will take place on Wednesday, December 26, at 10:00 a.m. in Council Chambers on the third floor of City Hall.
To receive Sea Isle City's E-Newsletters, E-Alerts and Reverse 9-1-1 Calls, click the "Register for City News" link above.
CLICK HERE for Sea Isle City's December 6, 2018 E-Newsletter.
Master Plan Re-Examination Update:
The Master Plan re-examination report was adopted by the City’s Planning Board on August 14, 2017. In previous reviews by City Council of the re-examination report, council members were in agreement to move forward and prioritize several of the recommendations contained within the report, including…
• Evaluate satellite parking lots
• Increase requirements for residential and mixed-use parking
Parks, Recreation & Open Space:
• Recommend a professional facility study be performed on the former Public School Building (this should have a high funding priority)
• Demolish the Old Fire House on West Jersey Avenue and use that space to augment recreation or parking
• Perform a study to determine the feasibility and funding for a kayak and paddleboard launch and storage area at Dealy Field – and also adding a boardwalk along the bay for educational nature trails
Storm Water Management:
• Prepare a comprehensive Flood Control Plan in partnership with the County to address flooding issues
• Work with Federal, State and County government to address bay flooding solutions
• Formalize a designated person, who will work directly with the business community and Chamber of Commerce to achieve common goals
Master Plan Re-Examination Draft:
CLICK HERE to view the adopted Master Plan Re-Exam Report (August 2017).
Master Plan Re-Examination Survey:
In 2015, Sea Isle City created a survey as part of the Master Plan Re-Examinatino Process. The results from that survey are available in a 21-page document. The Master Plan Re-Examination is still underway, and the results from the survey are a useful tool for that process.
CLICK HERE to view the survey results.
SEA ISLE CITY FLOOD MITIGATION STUDY - NOVEMBER 13, 2018
Sea Isle City’s Engineer recently completed a city-wide Flood Mitigation Study, which examined Sea Isle’s drainage system and each of its components. Listed below are the findings from that study which was made public during the November 13th City Council meeting.
2018 Flood Mitigation Study Results
2018 Flood Mitigation Study Mapping