Movie Night scheduled for Friday, August 18, at 8:15 p.m. has been cancelled due to inclement weather and forecasted thunderstorms.
SEA ISLE BOULEVARD PROJECT UPDATE:
During the September 13, 2016 City Council Meeting, County Engineer Dale Foster gave Council and the public an update regarding the Sea Isle Boulevard Improvement Project. CLICK HERE to view the Power Point Presentation that was shown during that update.
Click the "City Projects" link above to read more about the Sea Isle Boulevard elevation project and all other Project Updates.
CITY COUNCIL'S NEXT MEETING:
The next regular City Council meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 29 at 10:00 a.m. in Council Chambers.
To receive Sea Isle City's E-Newsletters and Reverse 9-1-1 Calls, click the "Register for City News" link above.
CLICK HERE for our August 17, 2017 E-Newsletter
The Department of Public Works is hiring seasonal employees for the summer of 2017 including nighttime janitors. Applicants must be at least 18 years old. Click link below to download a Summer Employment Application. Mail completed applications to City Hall, Attn: Public Works / Vicky Rutledge, 233 JFK Boulevard, Sea Isle City, NJ 08243. Feel free to drop-off completed applications at City Hall or fax to (609) 263-9972. For additional info about summer employment with the DPW, phone (609) 263-6000, ext. 17.
Summer Employment Application
Master Plan Re-Examination Update:
During the January 24 City Council meeting, Councilman Divney (the Planning Board’s liaison) presented Council with a list of recommended items from the Master Plan Re-Examination that the Planning Board feels should be addressed now – rather than waiting for the adoption of the Master Plan after the Housing Element portion is completed. Of the 45 recommendations in the current draft of the Master Plan Re-Examination, several items fell into this category, including…
• Evaluate satellite parking lots
• Increase requirements for residential and mixed-use parking
Parks, Recreation & Open Space:
• Recommend a professional facility study be performed on the former Public School Building (this should have a high funding priority)
• Demolish the Old Fire House on West Jersey Avenue and use that space to augment recreation or parking
• Perform a study to determine the feasibility and funding for a kayak and paddleboard launch and storage area at Dealy Field – and also adding a boardwalk along the bay for educational nature trails
Storm Water Management:
• Prepare a comprehensive Flood Control Plan in partnership with the County to address flooding issues
• Work with Federal, State and County government to address bay flooding solutions
• Formalize a designated person, who will work directly with the business community and Chamber of Commerce to achieve common goals
City Council members were in agreement to move forward with these recommendations, and they plan to form a committee in order to prioritize the aforementioned items and ensure any action needed will occur.
Master Plan Re-Examination Draft:
CLICK HERE to view the latest draft of the Master Plan Re-Exam Report (November 2016).
Master Plan Re-Examination Survey:
In 2015, Sea Isle City created a survey as part of the Master Plan Re-Examinatino Process. The results from that survey are available in a 21-page document. The Master Plan Re-Examination is still underway, and the results from the survey are a useful tool for that process.
CLICK HERE to view the survey results.